icRKphJXQm-ezth8lntKydifkDg The Loose Screw: Big Changes!

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Big Changes!


For the past 14 years, I have homeschooled all three of my kids off and on, but I have always had at least one of them home with me.  So when you consider my oldest child turns 21 next month, I have been home caring for and teaching my children for 21 years.  That all changed today!

Chad, 9, attended preschool through 1st grade, then was homeschooled for the past two years.  Today he began 4th grade at Children's Christian School, a local private school for K-8th grade.  I love their small class size (10 in his class!), and we were blessed with a Carson Smith Special Needs Scholarship!  The school is just about 1 mile from home, so after we get into the routine, Chad can even ride his bike to school.  He was very excited to begin school today!

Alyssa, 17, is a senior this year and continues with Open High School of Utah.  She does this program online, which gives her the flexibility she needs with three part-time jobs (nanny, retail dance store, and dance teacher) and her dancing.  So although she officially is home to do school, I don't see her too often during the day. 

So, it appears I'm going to have some time on my hands!!!  As much as I will miss my kids, I am looking forward to getting some long-awaited projects done.  Six hours a day sounds like a long time, but I'm sure it will fly by!  We also have an addition to the family that I will happily spend some of my time with-you will find out who that is in a future post (very soon, promise!).

No comments: