icRKphJXQm-ezth8lntKydifkDg The Loose Screw: Try a New Recipe Tuesday~Tuna Noodle Casserole

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Try a New Recipe Tuesday~Tuna Noodle Casserole


In general, my family does not like tuna casseroles.  But, this tuna casserole recipe is the exception.  It was passed down to me from my mother, who got it from her mother.

Tuna Noodle Casserole
Cook 12 oz. package of medium noodles (we use egg noodles) using package directions, drain.
Combine noodles, two cans of tuna, drained, 1/2 cup + mayonnaise, 1 cup chopped celery, 1/3 cup chopped onion, 1/4 cup chopped green pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.

Blend one 10 1/2 ounce condensed cream of celery soup and 1/2 cup milk, heat on stove.  Add 1 cup sharp shredded cheese, heat and stir until cheese is melted.  Add soup mixture to noodle mixture.  I like to add frozen peas, about 2 cups.

Put into a 2 qt. casserole dish.  Bake uncovered  at 425 for 20 minutes or until hot.


5 comments:

Deanna Lyn said...

AWSOME!

Stephanie said...

Tuna noodle casserole has to be one of my very favorite foods EVER. And your casserole looks delicious!

noreen said...

That does look very good. I remember my mom making this when I was a child and just loving it. My husband and son do not like it so I haven't had it in forever. Perhaps I should make it for myself??? I came over from Lisa's Try A New Recipe Tuesday.

Lisa Boyle said...

I have never been a fan of tuna casserole, but I just may have to try this recipe and see if my mind can be changed from my childhood. :-) Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." I hope you will be able to join us again this week. http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com/2013/05/try-new-recipe-tuesday-may-14.html

Langworthy said...

I forgot to mention that I added 1/2 bag frozen peas to the recipe!!