icRKphJXQm-ezth8lntKydifkDg The Loose Screw: Product Review~Sue Hooley's 2015 Daily Planner

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Product Review~Sue Hooley's 2015 Daily Planner



As part of the CWA Review Crew, I had the opportunity to try out Sue Hooley's Daily Planner.  What was really nice was the crew got two planners-the 2014 version to use now, and the 2015 version for next year.  We also had plenty of time to really use this planner-we received them at the beginning of summer, so I've been using the planner for just about four months now! 

This Daily Planner is geared toward homemakers.  We homemakers are busy!!  There is always something to do, and something going on.  If I didn't write things down, I'd be lost.  I've tried many different ways to stay organized in the past, but always ended up going back to the hanging calendar on the wall.  Those little squares on the hanging calendars do NOT have enough room for a busy family to squeeze in everything, believe me!  So, I was ready for a change. 


Sue Hooley's Daily Planner is 6"x9" and spiral bound, making it perfect for grabbing and sticking in your bag on the go.  It has a beautiful full-color glossy picture on the front and back covers, with more pretty floral pictures throughout the planner.  There are scriptures and quotes throughout as well.  The back cover has a pocket which is great for stashing things like appointment reminder cards.

FEATURES:

Weekly Layout
  • Two-page spread with entries for each day
  • Menu planning
  • To-do list
Monthly Calendar
  • Two-page month view
Year Calendars
  • 2015 and 2016 calendars with place for notations
Shopping List
  • Perforated shopping list
Task List and Project & Events Sections
  • Untitled pages for you to customize for your own duties and ideas
Information
  • Short-term information that is relevant to 2015

What I Thought:

First of all, I love this planner.  It is what I have been needing for a long time!  Some of my favorite features are the Year Calendars and the Weekly Layout.  The Year Calendar section has the current and next year, with boxes for each month in the year.  That way, if you make an appointment for 2016, but don't have your 2016 planner yet, you can jot it down in the appropriate month and then transfer it over to your 2016 planner at the end of the year. 


The Weekly Layout (above) is awesome!  On the tasks list I jot down dinner ideas/menus, things I need to get done that week that don't have a specific day they need to get done, prayer requests and anything else I need to remember!  Then there is plenty of room for each day of the week to make notes of appointments, etc. 

Meet Sue Hooley:

 The Daily Planner was designed by Sue, wife of Dan for 24 years and mother to six lovely children, two girls and four boys ages 5-21. The planner was developed after several years of motherhood and homemaking. Sue understood that a homemaker's day can rarely be scheduled and structured the same as the one before – not every task can fit neatly into the time-slot allotted by other planners. Since her first publication in 2010, thousands of homemakers have benefited from the daily planner.


Purchasing Information:

You can order your own copy of Sue Hooley's 2015 Daily Planner at Homemaker's Friend.  It is very affordable! 

I received a free copy of this planner to review. I was not required to write a positive review nor was I compensated in any other way. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC Regulations. I am part of The CWA Review Crew.


No comments: