icRKphJXQm-ezth8lntKydifkDg The Loose Screw: Book Review~Prayers That Changed History

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Book Review~Prayers That Changed History


Tricia Goyer is one of my favorite authors, so I was eager to read her latest non-fiction book: Prayers That Changed History-From Christopher Columbus to Helen Keller, how God used 25 people to change the world. Written for kids, but also fascinating and educational for adults, this 237 page softcover is published by Zonderkidz.

Each chapter in Prayers That Changed History is devoted to a historical person, and all 25 chapters are in chronological order.  The chapter has a black and white illustration and these categories:
*When He/She Lived
*Something to Think About
*In His/Her Own Words
*How He/She Changed History
*It's in The Bible
*Your Life

I think the book is set up perfectly, making it easy to focus on one person at a time.  Each chapter has  history, biblical reference, and ideas for reflection. I homeschooled for many years, and Prayers That Changed History would have been a great addition to our curriculum. I am actually planning on having my 7th grade son go through the book during summer break next year. I enjoyed reading this book, and learned a lot.  I think it can really make an impact on children's prayer lives and be an encouragement to pray.

Learn more about author Tricia Goyer at her website.  You can purchase a copy of Prayers That Changed History at Amazon.

No comments: