icRKphJXQm-ezth8lntKydifkDg The Loose Screw: Great News!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Great News!

To follow up on my last post, after a weekend of trying not to worry (I wasn't too successful), I got my test results. Mammogram-the second one did not have the spot! I saw the first one, and the spot was right there, about the size of a dime. The radiologist said it was probably 'compressed tissue' that was flattened out more on the second test. The dexa scan to measure the amount of the osteoporosis-the second one was normal! Nobody(at the hospital) has an explanation for this one, except that maybe I'm borderline and my hip and lower spine (2ND test) didn't show it as my fingers did (1st test). So, after a rush to get me on Estrogen (which I've been on a week) to help build up the bone density, now I'm going off Estrogen and back on the other hormones. My poor body-confusion! I am so glad to get off the Estrogen, it made me sick to my stomach. The doctor wants me to repeat the scan every 2 years since I had the positive one, and take a lot of calcium. Needless to say, we were THRILLED! We knew the mammogram could turn out to be nothing, but the bone scan was pretty much a given that I had it, just measuring the severity. So to have them both turn out fine was wonderful, just what we needed. It was also such a reminder that worrying does not accomplish anything, and I need to put my faith in God. He will take care of me. He did! Sometimes it doesn't work out to be the results we want, but this time His will was the same as ours.

Then, as if that weren't enough good news, my regular test results on my organ function came back all great! My kidneys have spilled protein recently which was a concern, but even that was normal! I was just overwhelmed. I've never received so much good news about this body of mine before!

Thank you everyone who was praying for me! Thank you Lord-you are awesome!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What wonderful news! I'm so happy for you!