icRKphJXQm-ezth8lntKydifkDg The Loose Screw: Bible in 90 Days-day 36!!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Bible in 90 Days-day 36!!

Wow, I can't believe we are at day 36 in this journey!  It has been a great experience so far, and I have a feeling it will only get better.  These initial books of the old testament have a lot of history and laws in them, which can get kind of boring.  So far I have read from Genesis to Nehemiah, and today is Esther and starting Job.  That starts the 'Books of Poetry' of the bible-Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and song of Solomon.  I'm really looking forward to this next week of reading, it should be a nice change from the rules and history.   One thing I am surprised about is the amount of killing/fighting/death in what I have read so far.  I had no idea the magnitude of it.  God would command a king, and an entire village would be wiped out.  I knew that happened, but there is a lot more of it than I realized in these first books of the old testament.  I'm learning a lot about faith and sacrifice.  It is awesome to realize I am more than 1/3 through the Bible!  It hasn't been all easy-I have gotten behind by about 3-4 days a few times now, and it is a lot of work to catch up so I am trying not to let that happen again!

No comments: