icRKphJXQm-ezth8lntKydifkDg The Loose Screw: Try a New Recipe Tuesday~Linguine and Clams

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Try a New Recipe Tuesday~Linguine and Clams


This weeks recipe is an old recipe passed down from my Mom.  It may not look like something kids would like, but my kids like it.  I don't know if my 10yo realizes clams are in it-he probably thinks he's eating chicken!  This is quick to make-one of those recipes to have the ingredients on hand for a last minute dinner.

Linguine and Clams
1/4 cup margarine
1 minced clove garlic (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
3 Tablespoons dried parsley (or 1/2 cup fresh)
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
Dash pepper
1 medium onion (3/4 cup), chopped
2 cans (6 1/2 oz each) chopped clams, undrained
12 oz. linguine, cooked and drained
Optional: 1 Tablespoon lemon juice-(add with clams)

1.Melt margarine, add onion and garlic and cook until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
2.Add parsley, basil, salt and pepper-cook 3-4 minutes.
3.Add clams and their juice (and lemon juice if using)-cook 1 minute.
4.Serve over hot linguine.
*Instead of putting the clam mixture over the hot linguine in step 4, I like to mix the noodles and sauce all together until mixed well.


Click on the button for more recipes:



1 comment:

Lisa Boyle said...

Oooh! This looks so good! I know my hubby would love it (and I'll try it on the kids and let you know!) Thanks so much for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday!" I look forward to seeing what you share next week. :-) Have a great weekend!