icRKphJXQm-ezth8lntKydifkDg The Loose Screw: Schoolhouse Crew Review~Paperless Home Organization

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Schoolhouse Crew Review~Paperless Home Organization


Some of us at the Schoolhouse Review Crew have been reviewing e-books from The Simplified Pantry.  We received three e-books: Simplified DinnersSimplified Dinners: Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free, and Paperless Home Organization.  I've spent time reading through all three, but for this review I'm going to focus on Paperless Home Organization.




Why am I focusing on Paperless Home Organization, you might ask?  Because I need help. Badly.  I'm a list maker, and I like to have things written down.  So, you will find many scraps of paper throughout my house with lists.  One of the problems with that method is that they get lost, written on, used to make paper airplanes, chewed by the dog, etc.  You get the point.

I'm also not the most technical person, and I recently got my very own shiny laptop! No more excuses!  This review opportunity came along at just the right time!!  In Paperless Home Organization, the author teaches you how to create a Digital Home Management Binder.  She gives advice on the benefits of going paperless and staying organized.  Ms. Winckler likes to keep things simple, and I appreciate that!  Here are the main tools of her system:
*Gmail
*Google Calendar
*Evernote
*Remember the Milk

To be honest, I'd never heard of Evernote or Remember the Milk.  She goes through, step by step, how to set up these accounts and make them work together, for  your benefit.  I must admit, I was very overwhelmed with all the information at first.  After reading through Paperless Home Organization once, it was handy to have the Appendixes, which included a Quick Start Reference.  There are many samples throughout the book, which I found extremely helpful.

So, how did I do?  Well, I've implemented all of the tools, and I'm getting more comfortable with them.  I think it is going to take me a little while to be fully utilizing everything to its/my full potential.  These tools just have so many great features in them, and being not very computer-savvy, I'm on the slow side.  But I  already see how helpful it is/will be having my home organized digitally.  I've definitely embraced digital home organization, and I'm excited for the day (hopefully soon) when this is all easy every day routine for me.


Paperless Home Organization is available for only $3.99 for Kindle or PDF.  Simplified Dinners (both original and gluten/dairy free) is just $12.99.  Through June 3rd, if you use the code TOS2013 at checkout for any of the e-books, you will get 30% off!!!!

To learn more about Mystie Winckler, she blogs at http://www.simplyconvivial.com/, and her website is http://www.simplifiedpantry.com/.  If you'd like to read more reviews of these ebooks, click this banner:


Photobucket
 photo Disclaimer2_zpsff718028.gif

No comments: